While reading this article, you may have decided to choose wooden flooring for your home but you are worried about how to clean it. You might have heard that there are problems in this area and therefore you are still doubtful to determine the type of flooring of the building. But you should know that if you use good quality wood, you will definitely not have any problem and you can apply the most beautiful style of decoration to design your home. As you know, the compatibility of wood flooring with all kinds of home decoration ideas is very high. So no matter how much you want to make changes in your home decoration! There will be no limit in terms of harmony between the floor and other parts of the building. In this article, we will explain how to clean wooden floor so that you can choose this type of flooring with more confidence and have a very beautiful home or a very stylish office.
How to Clean Wooden Floor?
As we see every day, the floor of the building gets dirty during the day for many reasons. Maybe you do not use any textile floor covering and therefore your footprints and those of your children will remain on the wooden floor. In any case, the way of cleaning wooden floor has a great impact on maintaining its beauty and durability. Therefore, read these instructions carefully so that you can easily clean the wood without damaging it:
– In the first step, you should sweep the floor. Using a vacuum cleaner or simply a broom for this purpose is enough to remove dust, food spilled on the floor and…
– In the next step, you should use a very soft cloth to clean the wooden floor. Make sure that this cloth does not cause any scratches on the floor. If the wood used in the floor of the building is very resistant to scratches, they will definitely not have this problem easily. Thermowood flooring, for example, gives you the assurance that no cracks or fractures will occur, even when objects fall to the ground. But in any case, the wisest thing is to be careful and use a very soft mop or fabric for the purpose.
– Definitely, you need the right cleaners. Note that you cannot use any kind of cleaning tool on wood because wood is a natural material and may rot or stain. Using chemical cleaners is not wise unless your friends and acquaintances have already used them and assured you that they will not damage the wood texture. Of course, we suggest you ask the expert when installing wood flooring, based on the type of applied wood, to help you choose the right detergent. Definitely, the best method is to utilize water and vinegar, which can remove all the mass and stains created on the wood and give it a lot of polish.
Finally, you can use wood parquet polishes. To buy these polishes, you can also ask the experts who install wood flooring for you.
Tips for Cleaning Wooden Floor
We need to mention some very important points about cleaning wood floor because people often cause serious damages to the floor due to ignoring these points and they sometimes have to replace parts of the building floor.
– We recommend not using a steam cleaner to clean the parquet because even if the best wood is used for this purpose and you are sure that the dimensions of the floor do not change nor the wood will rot due to water vapor, but in any case, water vapor can damage the adhesive used to install the wooden flooring, and over time, the wood sheets will loosen. As a result, you will have to repair them.
– Some people prefer to pour water on the floor and dry it quickly. Even if you have a high speed to dry the floor, you still cannot prevent water from penetrating the wood texture. So, avoid washing the wooden floor and, in any way, do not use water and mop to clean it.
– As mentioned, after cleaning the wooden floor, you can use parquet polish to polish it, but in no case should you go for oily and petroleum products because over time, it reduces the polish of the wood and on the other hand the wood absorbs more dust and you have to clean the parquet in shorter periods of time. On the other hand, in most cases, these petroleum products cause a lot of stains on wood.
– When cleaning the wooden floor, do not pull heavy objects on the floor. For example, if you want to clean the underside of the furniture, ask someone to help you move the furniture. Dragging objects on the wooden floor will definitely cause scratches and even cracks or breakage of the wood.
– Clean the floor when you are sure that no family members are present in the house for a few hours because you must allow the wood to dry completely. Especially if you use a polish, you have to wait a few hours for these materials to be well absorbed by the wood texture. In this case, the surface of the wood will not be slippery. On the other hand, walking on the floor will not leave footprints on it.
– If you have a small child at home, we suggest you cover the wooden floor with carpet or rug as much as possible. Although the beautiful design and color of the floor will make your decoration more beautiful, in any case, it is better to cover the floor of the building with carpet or rug until your child grows up because after all, children make the ground dirty while eating or playing, and if you try to mop the wooden floor several times during the day, its lifespan will be reduced.
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.