Maybe you are one of the people who are interested in wooden decoration for home and even office. But it is not bad to know what process these wooden tools go through to reach you and now you can enjoy having these tools and with such stylish and beautiful designs, in your home and work environment. Types of wood such as walnut wood are used to make tools, each of which has its own characteristics and properties. In this article, we will talk about the uses of walnut wood, its features and also the price of walnut wood so that you can have a broader view of the efficiency of wood in different industries.
Is walnut a good wood?
As you know, walnut is one of the most important nuts that can be found in abundance in Iran. What makes this tree famous is the fruit that is obtained from it, and most of us use it for breakfast or other meals. But it is not bad to know that this tree has more functions and even its wood is very useful and it is used to make different tools. If you also want to get acquainted with walnut wood and its uses, read the rest of this article carefully. Maybe one of the wooden tools you have in your house right now is made of the same walnut wood.
More products: Disposable Pallet
What is walnut wood best suited for?
– First, it is better to go for the color of walnut wood. One of the factors that make walnut wood attractive and increase its efficiency is the very attractive and special color of this type of wood. When the walnut wood dries, its color will change. For example, if you allow walnut wood to dry gradually in the open air, away from direct sunlight, it will turn dark purple. Such a color is definitely very attractive and its application in wooden home appliances makes the environment look more beautiful. But if the walnut wood dries in the ovens, it will get a brown color, because the drying speed increases. Therefore, wood industry activists will determine the drying process based on the type of color they are considering.
– Walnut wood is one of the strongest and most durable types of wood, which while being light, has very high durability and therefore will be a very suitable option for making items such as furniture or other wooden items.
– Another feature of walnut wood is its special texture. This wood is known as one of the fine-textured woods with perfectly uniform fibers. If you touch the walnut wood with your hand, you will easily feel its roughness. There are groups inside this wood that give a completely random irregular structure to the texture of walnut wood. The presence of these knots has made the walnut wood pattern more beautiful.
– If you cut the walnut wood transverse, you will notice that there is a color difference between the outer wood and the inner wood. The inner wood of the walnut changes from light gray to brown, although sometimes blue veins are seen inside it, which is affected by the age of the tree. But the exterior wood is whitish gray.
– The walnut tree has a very high polishing ability and is easy to work with, so turners and carpenters have no problem using walnut wood, and this wood is very popular in the industry.
– One of the features that is very important for choosing wood in making tools is wood adhesiveness. Fortunately, walnut wood has excellent adhesion and working with nails will not damage it. In fact, the reason why strong blows can be hit with a nail on walnut wood is that its texture is dense and has very high impact resistance. Therefore, while being polished with nails, not the slightest crack will be created in the walnut wood.
– The flexibility of walnut wood is another feature that helps to be easily used in industries, especially in cases where high finesse is required during work.
– It is necessary to know that walnut wood has a very high resistance to rot and if wooden tools are made with this type of wood, their lifespan will definitely increase.
– It is interesting to know that walnut wood becomes very soft and flexible against steam. Therefore, the steaming process is performed on walnut wood to increase its flexibility.
– It should also be noted that the resistance of walnut wood to moisture is very high, so its installation in the façade is not a problem.
More products: Birch wood
What is the price of walnut wood?
What makes the price of wood different from each other depends on several factors, the most important of which are:
– The climate in which the tree grows.
– The availability of wood
– Having unique and excellent features for the wood industry
– Appearance charms such as texture patterns and natural colors on wood
Due to the fact that walnut wood is known as one of the most expensive woods, its application is more important for making home decoration items, especially for decorative items.
What are the uses of a walnut wood?
One of the most interesting topics for all of us is the use of wood in different industries. The most important usages of walnut wood are:
– Primarily, this wood is used to make furniture. The high attractiveness of walnut wood color, its patterns and also resistance properties such as rot and impact resistance has made this wood have a special place in the furniture industry.
– Walnut wood is also used to make musical instruments such as guitars and violins.
– High-thickness wooden boards made of walnut wood are used to make all kinds of tables.
– Walnut wood is used to make veneers for wooden furniture, building facades and home decoration. It is even interesting to know that the building floor with walnut wood, in addition to enhancing the beauty of the interior, will definitely have a longer life.
– Other uses for walnut wood include decorative objects such as sculptures, mosaics and inlays.
– Since the costs of producing and polishing walnut wood is very high, using it to build cabinets will not be economical at all, but if you do not have financial limitations, designing a kitchen decoration with walnut wood is certainly much more attractive.
More products: Oak Wood
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.