Mango wood is obtained from the mango tree (with the scientific name of Mangifera Indica) and its origin is India, found in equatorial countries, Southeast Asia, Australia and the South Pacific Islands.
This tree reaches maturity in 15 to 20 years and its fruiting decreases. This type of tree is a tropical tree in South Asia and this tree can be used to produce wood.
The mango tree was discovered in India about 4,000 years ago and then spread throughout India.
In recent years, mango wood
As a hardwood in furniture making material and high stability, it has found a lot of demand.
The size of the mango tree is 24-30 meters (80-100 foot), the trunk diameter is 1-1.2 meters (3-4 foot), the hardness is 1070 Janka (for measuring the hardness of wood) and its dry weight is 675 kg/m3. The leaves of mango trees are yellow, but the brinks are jagged. Trees can live to 300 years.
Among the series of users of mango tree wood, the following can be mentioned:
- Musical Instruments.
- House door.
- Console tables.
- Wood cover.
In the following, we intend to discuss the advantages, applications and disadvantages of using this wood in interior decoration and large and small projects:
Mango wood and its features
Mango wood is similar to teak wood in many main characteristics. Mango wood is classified as hardwood due to its strength, density, and attractive appearance, and of course, its durability. The hardness of this wood makes it not easily destroyed and lasts a long time. This type of wood does not lose its tissue and has high quality.
This type of wood is used for interior decoration, including house doors, home ornaments, and flooring. The color of this type of wood is from dark to light brown (pinkish). Like other woods, its color changes over time and becomes dark.
Mango wood is used in making various objects such as home items, outdoor items, making small furniture, tables and chairs, kitchen cabinets, screens, flooring, panels, doors, window frames, and kitchen accessories.
Mango wood is soft and flexible.
It is interesting to know that this wood is also used for carving and the reason is that it is very malleable.
Application of mango wood in various industries
Mango wood is wood that is produced from mangoes and is usually used in the production of furniture. The color of the mango tree is dark brown. The mango tree is a medium or coarse-grained wood that can be direct or interlocked and has a natural, rich sheen.
Mango is durable enough to bear weight for the structural parts of chairs, tables and other pieces of furniture.
Other uses include musical instruments, covers, carved objects, plywood, flooring, shelves, benches, cabinets, and anything made of hardwood.
Mango is durable, but regular use of an oil cover or any standard hardwood cover will increase its durability.
The advantages of using mango wood in home interior decoration
- The mango tree is environmentally friendly. Mangoes are usually grown in mango farms and the trees are only harvested for wood when there is no more fruit production. The mango tree is susceptible to fungal and insect attacks and can cause skin instigation.
- In the following, we discuss the advantages of using this wood:
- The internal structure of mango is not easily damaged by water and can be polished, it is a good choice for outdoor furniture.
- The tissue of mango wood is coarse to medium with a good natural sheen.
- Mango wood can be transported to the factory immediately after cutting and then processed.
- It has high durability.
- Mango wood has acceptable durability and requires less maintenance.
- The price of mango wood is very reasonable and it is an excellent option for producing home furniture.
- The cost of producing a sofa using mango wood is very affordable.
- It can be easily painted.
- It is environmentally friendly and stable.
- Mango wood has high strength, is very lightweight and is very suitable for producing large wooden products such as beds, dining tables, decor, wall cabinets and kitchen cabinets.
Disadvantages of mango wood
- Cutting and shaping hardwoods is difficult.
- If the furniture is exposed to direct sunlight for a long time, it may discolor or even crack.
- cannot use this type of wood for charcoal because it releases a lot of smoke into the air.
Tips for maintaining mango wood:
- Avoid using a rough cloth to clean the surface.
- Stop using harsh detergents (containing ammonia).
- Avoid placing mango wood furniture near the fireplace.
Mango wood has excellent water resistance properties, it is very suitable for making patios, flooring or any type of furniture for the outdoor environment.
Mango wood not only has a beautiful appearance but also has very good quality, durability, strength and density. It does not wear easily and is resistant to decay.
Is mango wood resistant to water?
Mango wood is very resistant to moisture and water, it is an excellent wood for outdoor furniture.