Wood is one of the most important natural materials that has been used in human life from the past to the present and it is interesting to know that modern human is much more interested in using wood in home interior decoration than before. Because this material can give a sense of refreshing and Increase the bracing of the environment.
Oak wood is one of the most widely used types of wood in various industries. Oak, on the other hand, has become very popular in Finland and even other countries. In this article, we will talk about the uses of oak wood in Finland, the characteristics of this type of wood as well as the advantages of oak wood in Finland.
Characteristics of Oak in Finland
In many articles, we have mentioned many times that the use of wood is determined based on its characteristics. So when a type of wood is supposed to enter the industry, its properties are first examined, to determine exactly what tools and equipment to make. The most important characteristics of oak in Finland are:
- This wood has a very high resistance to putrefaction and corrosion and its lifespan is long. Therefore, oak wood can also be used for exterior facades.
- One of the most important properties of oak wood that has increased its efficiency is resistance to strike and scratch, and as a result, carpenters can easily perform delicate and very unique carvings on wood without having to worry about breakage.
- Another feature of oak wood is moisture resistance. This feature has led to the use of oak wood in Finland for construction and even for green space or barrel production.
- The color of the oak tree trunk changes over time and with age, which is due to exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet rays and also environmental conditions. Because of this, the variety of colors in oak wood is high and this makes it more popular in Finland. In general, different species of oak trees have a great variety in terms of color spectrum, so that the color of tree trunks changes from white to red. The Finnish wood industry uses a variety of oak species based on the purpose of using wood. As soon as the trunk color of the oak tree changes naturally, there will be no need to paint the wood.
- As another feature of Finland oak wood, we can mention the adhesiveness and paintability. As a result, not only there is no problem in using oak wood and it can be easily used with a variety of adhesives, but its paintability will lead to the possibility of changing wood color, depending on the type of implement.
More products: Maple Wood
Oak Wood in Finland – Advantages
- The quality of oak wood is very high. Certainly one of the most important secrets of success in the wood industry is the application of very high-quality wood. Based on this, woods are divided into different grades. The oak wood, known as one of the best types of wood, is in the first-grade category. According to this classification, which is defined by European standards, and also high quality, oak wood can be used in various matters.
- It has a very good structural attractiveness. There is a great variety of wood structures among different species of oak trees and this is the reason why its application is increasing day by day in Finland. As mentioned in this article, the number of oak tree species is very high, and even according to the obtained statistics, more than 60 types of oak wood are used in the world, which have great variety in terms of texture, structure and color.
- Another advantage of using oak wood in Finland is the high strength of this wood. As a result, cracks and fractures will not occur on the wood during polishing.
- Based on the characteristics mentioned for oak wood, the efficiency range of this type of wood is very high, and certainly such wood has more applications in industry. On the other hand, it is popular among activists in the wood industry and, perhaps we can say that one of the main reasons for the widespread usage of oak wood in Finland is its high efficiency.
- Definitely for all those who work with wood, it is very important to have access to a durable and flexible type of wood and at the same time, at a reasonable price. You can find such features in oak wood. In fact, you will have access to one of the best types of wood that has high strength and affordable price.
More products: Pinewood
The Most Important Uses of Oak in Finland
In this article, we have tried to talk about the very important points about the properties of oak wood as well as the benefits of using oak in Finland and provide you with what you need to know about it. But certainly one of the most important subjects in the wood industry is the functions of oak wood.
- Oak is one of the most popular woods for flooring and furniture.
- Oak wood is generally used in the furniture industry, architecture, and kitchen equipment such as cabinets and flooring. It is interesting to know that even oak wood can be used to build the door of a building, but for this, you must pay attention to the color of the wood. Of course, you can change the color of the oak tree, but the best thing is to let the natural color of the wood be preserved, and so that, the beauty of the interior decoration will be more attractive and spectacular.
In this article, it was explained that oak species are very diverse and these species differ in terms of wood thickness and wood color. For this reason, based on our goal in the wood industry, we must use a certain type of oak species. As far as a large amount of oak is produced annually in Iran and on the other hand the price is very affordable, the export of oak wood to Finland is known as one of the most important and popular businesses in our country.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Oak Wood
Anyway, each of the woods will have a different scope of function due to their specific advantages and disadvantages. This also applies to oak wood. In fact, when carpenters want to use oak wood to make items, they should consider all their features, advantages and disadvantages to know what kind of tools this wood is suitable for. The most important advantages of oak wood are:
- Oak wood has great resistance and strength, and as a result, we can use oak wood for interior design.
- One of the most important properties of oak wood should be mentioned its resistance to fungi attack and thus preventing decay.
- Oak wood has good moisture resistance, so you can use oak wood to design interior and exterior decoration in sultry environments such as the southern region of Iran and even in rainy environments such as the north of the country.
- Let us also mention its appearance in the review of the advantages of oak wood. If you look at oak wood closely, you will see its amazing appearance characteristics, attracting attention. The special color with a distinct spectrum in oak wood and on the other hand, many beautiful designs in this wood, will definitely multiply the beauty of your furniture and decoration design.
- Oak wood has a very high resistance to wear and temperature changes. In fact, temperature fluctuations cannot cause expansion and contraction of wood, and breakage does not occur.
- It is very important for carpenters to be comfortable working with wood. Sometimes it is necessary to glue the pieces of wood to each other, but in some cases, the use of nails will also make the job easier. Fortunately, gluing oak wood is very easy, and as a result, there are no restrictions from this point of view when processing and making items.
- Due to the fact that the durability of oak wood is very high, no special conditions will be needed to maintain it, and you will not have any problems in this regard.
- Fortunately, oak wood is found in abundance in Iran, and this makes the price of wooden items made of oak wood lower.
- The scope of oak wood efficiency is very high due to the special characteristics of this wood. Oak is used for making furniture, designing interior decoration, designing staircases, making decorative items, renovating historical buildings, making different kinds of frames and also different kinds of traditional instruments.
- In addition to the advantages that we have mentioned for oak wood, we must also consider the disadvantages of this wood, the most important of which are:
- The fact that the weight of oak wood is very high makes it difficult to work with it, especially since it becomes very difficult to move the items made of oak wood.
- Oak wood is a bit hard to cut because it belongs to the hard and heavy wood group.
- It is necessary to know that the color of oak wood changes over time, so if you use this wood for decoration design, you should keep in mind that after a few years this wood needs to be changed or painted.
- Unfortunately, oak wood is included in the group of allergenic wood and causes problems such as itchy skin and eyes and runny nose. Therefore, if you have a sensitive person in your family, it is better not to go for oak wood for designing interior decoration or buying furniture.
Is Oak Wood Resistant to Water?
Since wood has many uses in making wooden items, designing interior decorations, and exteriors and even making industrial items such as boats and ships, the resistance of wood to moisture is an important issue for all craftsmen in the wood industry. In the meantime, oak wood is one of the hard and water-resistant woods that maintains its durability in humid environments. In general, white oak wood has a high resistance to rotting, cracking and breaking, and on the other hand, it is also resistant to insect attacks.
Due to the fact that oak wood does not suffer from decay resulting from moisture, if you live in sultry regions, you can still use wooden items to design your interior decoration, provided that oak wood is used for this purpose. In general, if we can use moisture-resistant wood for our living environment, work environment and even exterior design, their durability will increase and they will not rot.
However, the presence of moisture-sensitive wood in the home environment eases the conditions for the growth of fungi and even with the minimum amount of moisture the wood will rot.
Introducing the Best Finnish Wood Production Company
Buying wood for the construction of equipment and façade design is considered one of the most important steps in the wood industry because if we cannot make a good choice, the final result in the equipment manufacture and building designs will definitely not be ideal at all. Woods are natural materials and definitely have different degrees of resistance to environmental conditions.
Therefore, we must buy very high-quality resistant wood so that the designed items and appearance last longer. In line with the introduction of the best wood production company in Finland, we introduce Finland company to you, which by providing the best types of wood and, of course, customer support, tries to provide high-quality and guaranteed services to you dear ones.
You can get different types of wood you need from Finland company to make all kinds of wooden items, and of course, if you do not have complete information about wood, our experts will guide you so that you can make the best choice based on your need.
Advantages and disadvantages of oak furniture
In many cases oak wood is used to make furniture. Here are the pros and cons of oak:
- Oak is in the hard category. It has high resistance and durability.
- Oak wood is used to make a variety of tables, chairs and sofas
- It has a unique appearance
- It is resistant to warping
- It is easy to clean
- The price of oak wood is more expensive than other woods
- This type of wood weighs a lot.
What color is oak?
Oak Wood is available in light beige – brown and red colors.
Is oak wood a hardwood?
The answer to this question is yes. Oak is a type of hardwood and has high resistance in various conditions.
Where does oak wood come from?
The oak tree is native to the United States. There are several types of oak. Red oak and white oak
What should we pay attention to when buying oak furniture?
- Quality assurance of wood
- Environmental compatibility
- Is it a real oak?
- Oakwood shelf life
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.