The wood industry is one of the most important industries in the world, which includes home decoration items, furniture, decorative items and even construction and flooring. Different woods have different uses based on their characteristics and properties. For this reason, in this article, we will introduce poplar wood. Also, since the functions of different types of wood are different, in this article we try to fully explain the usages of poplar wood.
Introducing Poplar Tree
Familiarity with trees helps us to better understand the properties and uses of wood. For example, the poplar tree is known as one of the deciduous and windbreak trees that have too much height and resistance due to the diameter of the tree trunk. Of course, depending on the location of the tree and climatic conditions, the height and diameter of the body will be different. This also affects the color of the wood. In general, the most important types of poplar that are found especially in Iran include white poplar, Tabriz poplar and desert poplar. One of the most important reasons for the popularity of poplar wood is the rapid growth of this tree, which makes the wood to be available more quickly and in greater quantities.
Characteristics of Poplar Wood
To use each tree, carpenters and woodworkers first examine the physical characteristics of the wood as well as their properties to see what each type of wood is most useful for. For example, if the wood is very sensitive to moisture, it will definitely not be a good option for the exterior of the building, nor pergola at all. Given what has been said, the most important properties of poplar wood are:
– First, it is better to talk about the color of poplar wood. As you know, the color of the body of trees and even their leaves are strongly influenced by climatic conditions. But in general, the color of most poplar trees at a young age is pale white-gray, but with age, the color darkens and tends to brown. Therefore, poplar wood is mainly harvested between 6 and 15 years old.
– Poplar wood is straight. This means the lines are placed in the same direction on the wood and this issue should be considered in the construction of wooden items.
– The texture of poplar wood is very homogeneous, light and uniform, which is one of the most important factors in various wood industries.
– It is interesting to know that the malleability of poplar wood is very high. This feature is one of the most important and main factors in choosing wood for the production of various tools, especially when we are going to spend more finesse on wood. Since poplar wood is highly resistant to heavy hammer blows, so it will be a good option for making wooden items.
– Although the malleability and polishing capacity of poplar wood is very high, it is not known as a heavy type of wood. Poplar wood is a very light wood, and this is also an advantage for the wood.
– Also, the adaptability of poplar wood is very high. This means that if the wooden furniture of the house is made of poplar wood, you can make any kind of decoration you want for the home environment.
– It is necessary to know that poplar wood is known as one of the soft and flexible woods.
– Another feature of poplar wood is the smoothness and uniformity of the wood, which makes it more attractive and, of course, more efficient. In fact, the body of the poplar tree has no knots, which makes it easier to work with.
Advantages of Poplar Wood
What are the benefits of poplar wood? – If we want to mention one of the most important advantages of poplar wood, it definitely is the affordable price, in comparison with other woods. In fact, the cost of producing this wood is lower than other types of trees in the wood industry, and at the same time, you will have a very durable material for the production of wooden construction materials.
– As mentioned, the flexibility of poplar wood is very high. Therefore, carpenters have no restrictions on working on poplar wood and can easily create a variety of angles on it.
– The paintability of poplar wood is very high, which means that carpenters can change the color of the wood depending on the type of tool. However, if you let the natural color of wood remain and use only polished oil, it is definitely more beautiful.
– Cutting poplar wood is very easy and in this regard, there will be no problems and restrictions. In fact, you can cut poplar wood in any direction you like without breaking it.
– The applications of poplar wood are various and that is why it has a special place in the wood industry.
Usages of Poplar Wood
Is poplar a good wood? yes, As mentioned, poplar wood is known as one of the most widely used softwoods in the world due to its characteristics and capabilities. The most important usages of poplar wood are:
– Since poplar wood is smooth and without knots, so it will be a good option for making timber.
– The very beautiful color of poplar wood, its flexibility and very high resistance has made it possible to use the wood of some types of poplar trees to make precious and decorative items.
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.