Hardwood has been used for many years in making wardrobes, but with the passage of time and progress in the wood industry and production, other options including soft wood such as pine wood and engineered wood such as MDF and HDF were used. MDF and HDF are both good and relatively cheaper wood options that can be used to make wardrobes.
Choosing the best wood for making a wardrobe is one of the most important challenges for people. In this section, we intend to introduce you to the best materials for making wardrobes.
Wall wardrobes are made of different materials, but the best type of them, which in addition to their beautiful appearance, are also very resistant, are wooden wall wardrobes. Wooden wardrobes are very expensive. If you want to have a great wardrobe at a very low cost, we recommend using an MDF wardrobe.
MDF wood board is the best material for making a wardrobe or wall wardrobe.
What is MDF
MDF sheets are among the wooden products. MDF abbreviation is fiberboard. MDF is a type of fiberboard and has the same properties as compressed wood sheets.
Is MDF suitable for wardrobes?
There are many reasons why MDF is one of the most widely used woods in the carpentry industry. In the continuation of this article, we are going to discuss the countless advantages of MDF in the construction of wardrobes.
The sheets used in the construction of MDF wardrobes also have a great impact on its quality. These sheets exist in 11 general categories, which we will introduce below
- raw MDF.
- With low formaldehyde.
- High density.
- Low density.
- Heat resistant.
- Moisture resistant.
- Resistant to insects and fungi.
Advantages of making a wardrobe with MDF material
- MDF may have all the advantages of wood, but it costs less and will last longer.
- It is easy to process, paint and cover.
- Since the surface of the MDF cabinet is made of a thin layer of vinyl, they are easy to clean. You can clean the stains with a sponge or a piece of soft cloth with water.
- It is affordable compared to solid wood and easy to present.
- The lifespan of cabinets made with MDF is long.
- They are strike resistant.
- It can be recycled and it can be said that it is eco-friendly.
Disadvantages of MDF wardrobe
- It reshapes more easily than solid wood and absorbs more water.
- MDF is a very heavy material due to its high fiber density.
- MDF is vulnerable to extreme heat, so during the hot summer months, MDF units should not be placed near heaters, radiators, fireplaces, stoves, or outdoors. If you put the MDF wardrobe or wall wardrobe in the vicinity of heat, you may see bubbles and protrusions in them.
- It cannot tolerate too much weight, if too much weight is loaded, an overhang will occur.
Finally, after examining the types of wood used to make wall wardrobes, we must tell you that the best wood for making wall wardrobes is MDF. MDF has more advantages than its disadvantages. According to your budget, you can choose and buy the type of wood for your wardrobe