What is OSB sheet?
Types of grades of wooden board or OSB sheet
- OSB1: first grade wood for making wooden accessories.
- OSB2: suitable for cabinets, furniture and wardrobes.
- OSB3: suitable for humid environments.
- OSB4: very high resistance and for various applications in all weather conditions.
- Boards called OSB-1 are used for making boxes or packaging because they have less density.
- Boards called OSB-2 can be used as floor cover and wall materials inside buildings.
- While boards are produced under the name OSB-3, they are more durable products thanks to the denser production.
- Boards called OSB-4 are the most durable compared to others. Therefore, it can be used everywhere.
- Although material sizes are generally produced as standard, they can be changed based on demand.
Application and advantages of using OSB board
- OSB wood board is used for floors and sloping roof cover such as shingle roof.
- Suitable for all types of environments, both moisture and dry.
- Beautiful appearance and suitable for interior decoration.
- Durable and light.
- They are easily sawed, drilled, nailed, and screwed.
Where is OSB sheet used?
- Roof cover, and floor cover, in combined and single applications.
- prefabricated buildings.
- Types of decoration work.
- In places like warehouses, stages, stadiums, schools.
- In carpentry applications.
- In making anti-moisture, smooth and insulating surfaces.
- In wall covers.
- Furniture, beds and all kinds of tables
- pallet making
Is OSB board water resistant?
In this article, we talked about “Oriented strand board” or “OSB“. This type of board has no voids and the grains are close together, so they are resistant to water.
OSB is a wood board that is designed for optimal use in the wood products industry. In the process of making OSB boards, wood from trees with needle leaves is generally used.
The strength and durability of this wood has made it a good alternative to plywood. “OSB” is produced in different sizes and sizes according to the customer’s order. If you need this type of wood, register your order through the contact section.
Our experts will answer you in the fastest time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some people ask is plywood better or OSB sheets better?