Certainly, we cannot ignore the beauty of wood, which is a special natural material. Various natural designs in wood as well as the great range of colors that exist in this material have increased its efficiency in interior decoration design. One example is the design of a wooden ceiling. Many people prefer to design the ceiling of their home and workplace with wood. If you look at the pictures related to the interior design with a wooden ceiling, you will notice that the interior of the building is more attractive. But of course, before we get started, we have to consider all aspects. Therefore, it is necessary to know the advantages and disadvantages of a wooden ceiling and of course its efficiency in order to have the best ceiling design.
Benefits of a Wooden Ceiling
From the beginning of human life, wood has been known as a widely used material and over time, its aesthetic aspects have received more attention, so in recent years we have seen the special place of wood in the interior design of homes and workplaces. One of the most common choices people make for decoration design is a wooden ceiling. Woods differ in design, color, strength, hardness and elasticity, and these factors have increased the range of wood performance. If you are thinking of choosing a wooden ceiling for your workplace or home, you should know more about its benefits, because then you will make a better choice:
- The most important advantage of wooden ceiling is the discussion of wood insulation to sound and temperature. This issue is very important in apartment houses. You may have encountered the problem many times when a neighbor’s child is running up, walking, or dragging objects on the floor and these all make a noise that disturbs you. If you use wood on the ceiling of the house, since it is a natural sound insulation material, you will hear almost no sound. Of course, this depends on what kind of wood and layers of wood you have chosen for the ceiling of your building.
- As we said, the variety of colors and designs on wooden ceilings is very high. Therefore, it makes the interior of the building more beautiful and on the other hand, it increases the feeling of freshness and tranquility in the space. Wood is a natural substance, and the stronger the bond between man and nature, the greater his peace of mind.
- Since wood is also thermal insulation, the amount of energy consumption in your building will be reduced. This issue is more important in winter because the air is cold and we must take measures to prevent heat from leaving the home and workplace, thus reducing fuel consumption. In fact, we do it for preserving the environment on the one hand, and on the other hand, the costs of energy consumption will be much lower.
- Finally, wood is a renewable natural material. So if after a while the wooden ceiling of your house is destroyed, if you return it to the natural environment, no harm will be done to nature because the wood will gradually rot. Of course, in the wood industry, even wooden ceiling timbers that have lost their efficiency, are used to make disposable pallets. Therefore, as much as possible, artisans use damaged and rotten wood to reduce the rate of tree felling.
Disadvantages of Wooden Ceiling
Of course, every type of material we use to design a building will have its advantages as well as disadvantages. This rule also applies to wooden ceilings. The most important disadvantages of wooden ceilings are:
- Since heavy wood is used to design a wooden ceiling, so the high weight of wood causes a lot of pressure on the walls of the building, and therefore in designing the walls, you must consider whether the materials used can withstand the weight of wood or not.
- If you do not use quality woods with high resistance to moisture and insects, do not doubt that over time, these woods will rot due to pest attacks and on the other hand, with a slight increase in humidity, these woods will rot. Therefore, when designing a wooden ceiling, you should go to people who choose the best possible wood. Remember that if you do not choose the right wood, the part under the ceiling becomes a place for insects to grow and you may suddenly notice corrosion in most of the wooden ceilings of your house.
- Definitely, the implementation of the wooden ceiling of the building is very difficult and you should get help from an expert and capable engineering team because damage causes corrosion and cracking of the wood surface and may even cause them to break. In this case, the cost of labor will increase. On the other hand, the arrangement of the woods together will determine their final beauty. Therefore, people with high skills in this field should be involved in designing your ceiling.
Use a Stretch Wooden Ceiling:
One of the best ideas for designing a wooden ceiling is to use a stretch ceiling. This type of ceiling has several very important advantages, which are:
- The stretch wooden ceiling is very resistant to moisture and even in humid environments such as the north of Iran, you can use this type of ceiling.
- By using a wooden stretch ceiling, the problem of heavyweight is also solved because while this wood has a very high resistance, its weight is light and therefore does not create restrictions for installation.
- It is interesting to know that wooden stretch ceiling are very resistant to fire, so people who are worried about wood fires in their home can use wooden ceilings for the interior design, without any worries.
- If you want to apply a special design and pattern on the wooden ceiling of your house, it will definitely be much more appropriate to choose a stretch wooden ceiling because it is possible to print all kinds of designs on it.
- Wooden stretch ceiling is highly resistant to pests, bacteria and fungi and does not produce any allergens.
- Insulation of wooden stretch ceiling against sound and heat and of course its portability are other advantages of wooden stretch ceiling. This means that if you are planning to move your workplace or home, you can easily remove the wood from the ceiling and move it to a new location.
- Finally, the mechanical strength of the wooden stretch ceiling is high. Therefore, designers can easily place timbers when installing a wooden ceiling, without any worries of applying pressure.