Advantages of using MDF wood for furniture
We consider the difference between solid wood and MDF with natural wood veneer, which are the most important and natural materials in furniture production, and we try to understand their advantages and disadvantages.
- High resistance to insects.
- Production and supply in different thicknesses.
- Environmental Protection.
- MDF furniture provides a uniform coating.
- MDF furniture is stronger than plywood and chipboard.
- Recyclable products are used in MDF furniture.
- It has a very good price and is a very economical option MDF furniture is much cheaper than wooden office furniture.
More Product: MDF Profile Panels
Other advantages of buying MDF furniture
- MDF furniture is a material that is easily shaped. For this reason, they have been the most used wood materials in furniture.
- High environmental compatibility.
- Excellent resistance to moisture.
- Temperature changes, mechanical stress.
- Long-term operation.
- MDF sheets have the best processing, so they are the favorite material of modern designers. Carved kitchen facade, massive panels, columns and cornices; All this is MDF.
- The appropriate ratio between hardness and thickness of MDF boards can be from 4 to 22 mm.
- The surface of this material is smooth, uniform and dense, which makes the subsequent external processing sheets be very light.
- MDF may have all the advantages of wood, but it costs less and is more durable.
MDF furniture and insects (termites)
Disadvantages of buying MDF furniture
- Low resistance to water and moisture.
- Edges that are not protected by acrylic or metal strips are especially susceptible to this.
- It quickly absorbs moisture, swells and changes shape over time.
- Sensitivity to scratches.
- It is not recommended to use products containing abrasive materials as cleaners.
- With continuous exposure to steam, the surface made of MDF may become dull and therefore slightly discolored.
- When a scratch appears on the facade, it is difficult to paint over the damaged part. You have to paint the entire surface completely.
- Over time, materials lose their strength and elasticity. Kitchen furnishings start to loosen.
Tips for increasing the durability of MDF furniture
- The tree does not need much maintenance until it is turned into furniture. Of course, such furniture is afraid of fire and sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity.
- If your house has skylights, do not place your sofa in the vicinity of sunlight.
- Keep MDF furniture away from fireplaces and heaters.
- Use a professional steam cleaner to clean MDF furniture. Steam cleaner, which causes moisture to penetrate into the sofa, reduces its life.