The application of wood in decoration or the production of some home appliances and office equipment has been very common from the past to the present. But in recent years, the popularity of wood for these purposes has increased. In the meantime, you may have heard the term “solid wood” before, and if not, you will certainly be surprised to hear it! because wood is a solid substance in nature. So the question arises for you: what is meant by solid wood and what is the difference between this and other types of woods? In this article, we will explain to you how solid wood is produced and what its uses are. This article will be useful and interesting for you. Do not miss reading it.
More content: Russian Wood
What is Solid Wood?
Talk briefly about solid wood, we must say that in the wood industry, experts use the term solid wood in order to be able to distinguish between ordinary wood and engineered wood. Solid wood is made in such a way that there are no empty spaces inside its structure. Therefore, solid wood has its own uses and due to the uniformity of its texture, the usage of this wood in engineering and even equipment manufacturing will be more.
Benefits of Solid Wood
– According to the definition above, the most important advantage of this type of wood is the uniformity of its parts, being of the same material. In fact, solid wood is completely composed of the wood itself, and therefore the repair process will be simple and easy. In the case of other woods, there will be no such ease in repairs or even shaping.
– The strength and durability of solid wood are very high and even wood industry experts believe that it will last more than 10 years. So they are also used to make tools such as furniture.
– Also, solid wood is very special and unique in terms of appearance beauty. As a result, the design of your home decoration will be more impressive and attractive and solid wood can be introduced as one of the influential elements in interior decoration for making furniture or decor design.
– Another advantage of solid wood is the cost-effectiveness of such woods. Given that they are very durable, so the cost you spend on solid wood is definitely economical and will not need to be replaced or even repaired over time.
– The variety of solid wood is very high. This diversity, in addition to including the color and texture of wood, is due to its resistance to environmental conditions, humidity and even temperature. For this reason, you should pay attention to this issue when buying solid wood. On the other hand, the diversity of solid woods will make a difference in their costs.
More content: Oak Wood
Disadvantages of Solid Wood
In contrast to the benefits mentioned for solid wood, it is not bad to look at their disadvantages:
– The first disadvantage of solid wood is the high cost. But as mentioned, given the very high durability and strength of solid wood, it will be economical in long term. But if you cannot afford the high cost of buying solid wood at the moment, solid wood will not be a good option for you.
– A very important point about solid woods is the moisture- vulnerability, especially if the insulation issues are not well observed during the implementation of solid wood. Therefore, if you decide to install solid wood in the kitchen, pay attention to this issue and observe good insulation.
– Another disadvantage of solid wood is the change in volume or dimensions due to temperature variation and humidity. In fact, when the ambient temperature fluctuates a lot or if the wood is exposed to moisture, it will expand and contract, and these changes in volume will eventually cause cracks and twists in solid wood.
The Cost of Solid Wood
As mentioned, solid wood is usually expensive and the most important reason for this high cost is how solid wood is made. However, depending on the appearance, the type of wood used to make them and the resulting strength of the final wood, the price will vary. But keep in mind that the issue of wood resistance is prior to environmental conditions, and you should not just look at costs. For example, if you are going to use solid wood in the kitchen environment, in addition to insulation to prevent moisture contact, the best and most durable solid wood should be used so that it does not flake, get swollen or break in the short term.
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.
1 thought on “Solid Wood; For Sale – Types And Comparison With Other Woods”
I’m no longer sure the place you’re getting your information, but
great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or figuring out more.
Thank you for excellent info I used to be searching for this info for my mission.