It is possible to build a library and bookshelf using all kinds of wood. In most cases, all kinds of resistant wood are used for this purpose, so that in addition to sufficient resistance and strength, it also has a special beauty. There are different types of wood, each of which has different advantages and disadvantages.
Woods in different colors make it possible for people with different tastes to use this natural element as the main material for shelving books. Birchwood, plywood, cherry wood, oak wood and engineered wood are among the types of wood that are useful and special for this purpose. Good products can be designed and made from this type of wood.
In this article, we will introduce the types of special wood for bookshelves and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
Birch Wood for Wooden Library
Birchwood is one of the most desirable primary elements for a wooden library, which is used for this purpose due to its good texture.
This type of wood has different colors that can be seen from creamy white to brown. For this reason, a beautiful library can be prepared for different places. Since birch wood has elasticity, it is considered a good choice for shaping the desired form and design for the library. The excellent flexibility of birch wood and its high impact resistance have made it possible to make an ideal product.
Advantages of Birch Wood in Building Library
- This type of wood has amazing properties that can be designed in any desired shape at a reasonable cost.
- This natural wood has a soft texture and is light to semi-heavy and has a favorable tooling capacity.
- Other characteristics of this wood are the polishing and painting capacity.
Plywood for Building Library
Another type of wood for making a library is plywood. Plywood is used to make shelves for classifying books. All kinds of wood are used to make plywood to achieve high strength. For easy cutting, this wood is prepared in different shapes to achieve the desired design.
Advantages of Plywood in Building Library
- Since this wood has high strength, it provides the possibility of building a strong library for placing different books and magazines that are heavy.
- Plywood is resistant to different weather conditions and does not change shape or color.
- The price of plywood is reasonable and it is a cost-effective material for building a library.
- Cracking rarely occurs in this type of wood, so it will not be damaged by placing heavy objects.
Disadvantages of Plywood in Building Library
When plywood is used for bookshelves, it may have small cracks when screwing or nailing and connecting the shelves to each other, which will make it possible to be damaged.
Pine Wood for Book Shelves
Pine wood is widely used in carpentry and library construction. One of the most important features of the pine tree is that it is often seen with bright color and because of the presence of dark spots on it, it has created a unique beauty. This type of wood has different species and although it has limitations in some cases, it also has many advantages.
Benefits of Pine Tree for Library Construction
- The degree of hardness and resistance of pine wood is high and it has good strength against shaping and the shock applied to it.
- This type of ideal material has a natural appearance and is easy to work with since it has good softness.
Disadvantages of Pine Tree
- In some cases, the wood of the pine tree may be scratched and cracked. For this reason, in the construction of the library, it is known as a delicate material that must be carefully maintained and cared for in order to maintain its beautiful appearance.
- Another thing about pine wood is that it can be wet and harden when exposed to air, which of course can be solved.
Cherry Wood for Building a Library
Among the other types of wood used in the construction of wooden artifacts and bookshelves is the wood of the cherry tree, which has different types. This type of wood is famous for its hardness and has different species. This valuable wood is considered a worthy choice for making luxury libraries. Cherry wood is ideal for making wooden artifacts and has many advantages.
Advantages of Cherry Wood in Library Construction
- This wood is one of the hard products and has a lot of strength for making shelves and libraries.
- The wood of the cherry tree does not get dented, so when it is used as a bookcase, it will not change its appearance.
- The soft and smooth appearance of cherry wood will create suitable and special facades for the library.
- Carpentry with this wood is simple, and in this sense, you can make a good library from it.
- The price of cherry wood is reasonable and the final product will be affordable.
Oak Wood for Building a Library
This type of wood is one of the most beautiful and attractive types of wood for making bookcases. Oaktree wood is considered a good choice for making luxury wooden items such as a beautiful and desirable library. The high variety of this wood has made it possible to prepare a good product that matches every taste.
Advantages of Oak Wood for Book Shelves
- There are many available species of this wood and it will be possible to design different types of libraries.
- Oak wood is hardwood and has high resistance to damage.
- There are different dimensions and sizes of oak wood, which gives the possibility to designers to make a good product as a bookshelf.
- The resistance of oak wood to water absorption is also significant.
Disadvantages of the Oak Tree
- Among the disadvantages of oak wood is its high price, for this reason, it will be expensive to build a library with large dimensions and beautiful shelves.
- This type of wood changes its color over time, and to prevent this, cover colors should be used for it.
Engineered Wood for Bookshelves
Engineered wood is one of the environmentally friendly products, which is why it has many fans in the wood industry. This type of wood is prepared and designed through precise and appropriate processes, and its production is done with high precision to introduce it as a good material.
Advantages of engineered wood for library construction
- Due to the appropriate thickness and density of engineered wood, it is possible to customize a good library.
- The strength of engineered wood is high and it is a good choice for making bookcases.
- It is possible to manipulate and cut engineered wood as desired to build a wooden library easily.
- There are different types of engineered wood, which ultimately creates variety in library construction. In this way, the advantages and disadvantages of each type of engineered wood will introduce as a special material for making wood crafts.