Maybe you have just decided to design the green space of your house or residential complex to get out of the dull and monotonous state and so that finally the members of the building can spend hours in the evening to relax in the green space. A wooden awning is one of the most important components of landscaping. Of course, you just need to do a little research on the types of pergolas or canopies on the Internet to realize that you can use different materials to build a pergola, but you will surely be interested in why we recommend wooden awnings. Follow us in the rest of the article to get the necessary information and make the best decision.
Suitable Wood for Awnings
When we suggest users and customers use a wooden pavilion for their green space, they immediately ask the question of whether the wood does not rot quickly due to environmental conditions? This will definitely be true because wood is a natural material and will erode over time due to sunlight and rainfall. Therefore, you need to repair the canopy or replace it. But there are solutions to prevent these problems. The types of wood produced in the industry are very different in terms of strength. The wood used for outdoor wooden structures, such as wooden pergolas, are types that are highly resistant to environmental conditions and even pathogens. Even some types of wood are very resistant to moisture and therefore are used for landscaping in villas in the north of Iran. For instance, thermowood is one of the most widely used types of wood for landscaping. Of course, there are many options for you in this regard, but when choosing wood, you must seek the help of a powerful consultant to finally have the best wooden pergola for your green space.
Introducing Different Types of Wood for Canopies
In general, for making wooden pavilions or other structures in the open air, some specific types of wood are more common, which we will introduce in the following:
– Acacia Wood
Acacia is one of the forest woods that is very resistant to insects and rot and is very thick. On the other hand, as the amount of oil inside it is very high, it will also be resistant to moisture. This durability and strength have made acacia wood a good choice for outdoor wooden structures such as wooden pergolas. This wood is even used to make benches in the park.
– White Oak
Another type of wood that has high strength and is an excellent option for building wooden structures in the exteriors is white oak. It is interesting to know that the resistance and hardness of this wood against rot, breakage and cracks are so high that it is even used to build boats and barrels. Due to the high stability of white oak, choosing it to design a wooden awning will definitely have economic value because it has very high durability and will prevent your wooden pergola from problems such as insect attacks.
The best type of wood for making wooden canopies is thermowood. If raw wood, such as acacia or oak, is placed in kilns with high pressures and temperatures between 180 and 220 degrees Celsius for a specified period, thermowood is obtained and it protects the wood against insects, fungi, humidity, sunlight and in general any damage and pressure and will be the best choice for a wooden pavilion. Thermowood, on the other hand, is dimensionally stable due to the production process and does not change size with temperature changes. This will prevent the wood from cracking.
Advantages of Thermowood Awning
As we said, you can use different woods to make your wooden pavilion, but we suggest you go for thermowood. Because it will increase the life of the wooden pavilion:
– The first advantage of making a wooden canopy with thermowood is the high strength and hardness of the wood, therefore, due to temperature changes, its dimensions do not change and because it is resistant to expansion and contraction, cracks or fractures do not occur.
– Even when you are going to connect different parts of thermowood with screws and nails to finally get a wooden pavilion, it will not cause cracks and fractures. In general, the corrosive power of thermowood is very high.
– On the other hand, during the manufacture of thermowood, its gum is completely removed and a completely pure wood with a uniform color is obtained. Therefore, even if the raw wood used has a nasty odor, during exposure to high pressure and temperature, harmful substances and even bacteria and fungi inside it are removed and the final wood won’t have any pungent odor.
– The bending strength of thermowood is very high. When making a wooden canopy, the wood is applied at different angles, so it is very important to have a high degree of flexibility and such a feature can be easily found in thermowood.
– Since the resistance of thermowood to moisture is very high, it will be a suitable choice to build a wooden pergola in the green space and the reason why is to not be damaged by rain. As a result, thermowood is also utilized to build wooden canopies in villas in the north of Iran.
More content: How to Clean Wooden Floor
Advantages Wooden Canopy
As we said at the beginning of the article, you don’t have any limitations in choosing materials for making canopies. It depends on your budget. But using wood to build canopies has several advantages:
– Since wood is a natural material, so your green space will be more natural and delightful. In fact, the yard of your building or the house patio looks like a very small forest that brings a sense of vitality.
– On the other hand, the beauty of wood is more than other materials. Suppose you build a canopy of brick or cement. This pavilion will not be attractive and spectacular at all, especially since it does not bring you tranquility. But wood is different in terms of design and color, and on the other hand, you can create different patterns on it, so the beauty of the wooden pavilion and therefore the yard will be multiplied.
Finally, the use of wood to build wooden canopies is also important in terms of environmental friendliness. If the canopies lose their quality, you can still use them to make disposable pallets or sawdust, so it will avoid more damages to the environment.
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.