One of the uses of wood in interior design is to build a wooden staircase. Definitely, for duplex houses, wooden stairs will bring a much more beautiful view to the interior decoration. Woods have a lot of variety in terms of design and color. That is why you have no restrictions on choosing wood to make a wooden staircase and you can choose the most beautiful woods for this purpose based on your taste and the style you have chosen in the decoration. If you are also thinking of building a wooden staircase for your home, we suggest you read this article. It will definitely help you make a better decision.
Advantages of Wooden Staircase
At the beginning of the article, let’s explore the benefits of using a wooden staircase, as there are many options for building a staircase. It is definitely very important for you that in addition to beautifying the interior decoration, the staircase is also very durable and strong. With that said, the most important benefits of a wooden staircase are:
– The variety of designs and colors in wood is very high. On the other hand, woods are divided into soft and hardwoods in terms of texture, and when you want to make a wooden staircase, you can choose the best types of wood, based on the climatic conditions of your area, so that it will have very high durability and strength and also, it will double the beauty of your interior decoration. For example, in areas like the north of Iran, thermowood will be the best option because it does not change volume due to moisture.
– Wooden stairs are much easier to install and implement and there are no restrictions for interior decoration design groups. Even if you want to renovate the building, you can easily install a wooden staircase.
– One of the most important advantages of using a wooden staircase is the compatibility of this substance with interior decoration styles. This means that if you decide to change the interior decoration of your home, the wooden staircase will certainly not need to be changed because it is compatible with a variety of classic and modern styles.
– On the other hand, wood is obtained from the heart of nature, so it increases the tranquility of the environment. In interior design, we should also pay attention to the issue of comfort, because family members are supposed to rest indoors for hours, and if the home environment is not calm and pleasant, such an important thing will not be possible. The presence of wood inside the house acts as a bridge that connects modern life to nature and makes the home environment much more beautiful for you.
– Due to the fact that wood is a natural and renewable material, so even if your wooden staircase is damaged after many years and needs to be replaced, this wood can be used to make disposable pallets or wooden boxes. Finally, if the wood is left in nature, it will definitely be environmentally friendly and will gradually rot. Therefore, it does not damage the system.
– Finally, some types of wood have very high durability and resistance to insects and impact. Therefore, you will not have to worry about the wooden stairs becoming rotten in a short period of time due to insect attacks or scratches and cracks caused by the impact of the device on it. All you have to do is go to reputable companies to make sure they use the original and quality wood for you.
Different Types of Wood for Wooden Stairs
As mentioned, the strength, durability and insulation of the wood against the temperature will be among the most important properties of wood to build a wooden staircase because you are going to walk on wood and your weight puts a lot of pressure on it. So it must be very durable. On the other hand, the wood used to make wooden stairs should not be easily scratched or cracked, because then you will have to replace it again. According to these factors, oak, beech, walnut, scots elm and Russian wood can be used to make wooden stairs.
How Much Does a Wooden Staircase Cost?
But one of the most important issues for all people in interior design is the cost of wooden stairs. Undoubtedly, the most important factor that affects this issue is the amount of wood used to build the stairs. The more stairs you have, the more wood you will need, and this will increase the cost of your work. But other factors that affect the price of a wooden staircase include the following:
– The type of wood used in terms of strength, durability, design and color
– The availability of wood
– The amount of delicacy used to design a wooden staircase
– Salary related to the designer group
– The type of material used to install wooden stairs
Different Types of Wooden Staircases
But in the last part of the article, we will introduce different types of wooden stairs in terms of design style:
– The most common type of wooden stairs is the straight stair style, which is known as the least expensive and simplest style and will be much easier to install. You can definitely use a straight wooden staircase when the stairwell is not twisted. For example, these stairs can be used in a part of the building to go to the roof or attic.
– But curved stairs are also very useful. For very small spaces that require a few turns in the staircase to have the maximum use of the small space, a curved wooden staircase is very suitable.
– If your house is a duplex and you want to use a wooden staircase for its interior design, spiral staircases will be a really ideal option. But do not forget that the cost of labor will be much more expensive for you, especially since you have to use a more durable wood because the presence of curvature and spiral inside the stairs makes the durability and strength of this style of stairs a little affected. Therefore, the wood must be very strong so as not to be damaged.
The quality of the chosen wood for furniture, interior decoration and exterior application, not only determines its durability, but is also very important from an aesthetic point of view.
Finland Wood Company with a team of experienced specialists in the field of recognizing different types of wood, are ready to offer you a variety of wood products. For consultation from our experts, you can call the company numbers or use the online chat service of the website.